My Score Predictions for all Premier League clashes today, including my thoughts and opinions justifying my predictions. Games include, Arsenal V Hull, Manchester United V Watford, Middlesbrough V Everton, Stoke City V Crystal Palace, Sunderland V Southampton, West Ham V West Brom and Liverpool V Tottenham Hotspur.
- Arsenal V Hull City
My Prediction: Arsenal 1 – 3 Hull City
- Hull will be coming into the game off the back of an amazing victory against Liverpool. Their confidence will be high and I think they are ready to fight in the battle for relegation. Also, their new manager Marco Silva has only recently lead a team to victory against Arsenal when his previous club Olympiacos put in a stunning performance to win 3-2. This result is also, looking ever so more likely after Arsenal’s poor run, losing against Chelsea and Watford in their last two, where manager Wenger had to watch from the stands. Arsene Wenger will still be in the stands today following the punishment for pushing the fourth official against Burnley. He is also, at the front of angry fans wanting him out, with further confrontation expected at the Emirates today due to their poor form and after he came out in the week suggesting Arsenal fans need to be more like Tottenham fans. It’s safe to say it didn’t go down well with some. However, this result depends on how Hull City start the game and the longer they frustrate Arsenal and their fans the more possible they could get all 3 points.
2. Manchester United V Watford
My Prediction: Manchester United 2 – 1 Watford
- I think Manchester United should win this one, but it won’t be easy as Watford proved to Arsenal when they went to Emirates and grabbed all 3 points. However, I feel Man United will have learnt from Watford’s performance against Arsenal which will help them with their set up and their focus from the start knowing what their opposition can do. The home side have also, come off the back of a comfortable win at Leicester. Even though their visitors are having a good run, winning their last two games I feel Manchester United’s form may be too much today and it’s a game that the Devils should win.
3. Middlesbrough V Everton
My Prediction: Middlesbrough 1 – 3 Everton
- I think that Everton will come away with another 3 points today after getting 13 in their last 5 league games proving their in great form. They have also, got many goals in their team with the leading goal scorer in the Premier League; Romelu Lukaku playing up front for them and if his form continues it is only going to get better for the visitors. I feel the hosts Middlesbrough who are only 1 point off the drop, are not going to be strong enough today against their opponents after only getting 1 point in their last 3 league games. I feel Everton will outclass the home side today.
4. Stoke City V Crystal Palace
My Prediction: Stoke City 3 – 0 Crystal Palace
- I feel this should be an easy victory for Stoke today against a side who is fighting against relegation. Crystal Palace have been struggling, coming off a shocking result at home to Sunderland losing 4-0. Their confidence is also, bound to be very low after that surprising result of which Palace were poor and I feel they will be conceding a similar number again today. The home side aren’t in the best of form however, I believe their confidence is higher and their class is a level above their opposition and if Palace take the same approach, mentality and belief as they did at Sunderland then it is not going to be a good day in the office for Sam and his team.
5. Sunderland V Southampton
My Prediction: Sunderland 3 – 1 Southampton
- This is a game that could have gone either way depending on the run in to the match, but I feel Sunderland are now starting to believe especially after the result at Crystal Palace. I also, think that the experience of Defoe will carry Sunderland today and his form will bring them goals making them a stronger team fighting to stay up. The visitors have also, had a drop in form after losing at home to West Ham and then losing to Swansea who are also, fighting for relegation. I feel that the home crowd and the mentally Sunderland now have after last week, should be enough for them to get all 3 points today.
6. West Ham V West Brom
My Prediction: West Ham 2 – 3 West Brom
- I believe this is a game that has many goals in it and that will be an eventful game. The visitors have 7 points in their last 3 Premier League games, but have only kept 2 clean sheet in the league since November so goals are available in this match. The home side aren’t in the best form at home winning only once at home since Christmas, but they score quite a few goals even if they do concede many. But, I believe West Ham’s form at home will bring them down today and that West Brom will have the edge and will get the 3 points.
7. Liverpool V Tottenham Hotspur
My Prediction: Liverpool 1 – 3 Tottenham Hotspur
- This is the game of the day for me and one that will be a fantastic match. The result of this is vital in the both teams challenge for the top 4 as well as the away side keeping the pressure on the league leaders Chelsea. I think that Spurs, who sit second in the table will get the 3 points today and will continue their unbeaten run in the new year. They have goals in their side and never give in showing fight which I believe this will be key in today’s game. They also, have conceded the least amount of goals in the league. Their opposition Liverpool currently sit in 5th position in the league and come into the match without a win in the league in the new year. This includes losing to relegation fighters Hull City and also, Swansea and I feel their mentality and confidence won’t match those of Tottenham’s and this is why I believe the away side will have the edge in today match.